Overseas Mediclaim Policy is a package policy which covers travel emergencies when someone is travelling
It is available for three categories of travellers :
1) Business & Holiday
2) Employment and Study
3) Corporate Frequent Traveller
Travel Insurance Policy
Overseas Mediclaim Policy gives comprehensive cover for you when you globe trot. We want your trip to be stress-free so we cover you against medical and other financial emergencies that may incur during your travel. Medical expenses incurred by the insured persons, outside India as a direct result of bodily injuries caused or sickness or disease contracted are covered.
Policy covers the medical expenses while the beneficiary is outside the Republic of India. It covers medical expenses both as inpatient as well as outpatient while in a foreign country.
The sum insured available ranges from US$.50000/- to US$ 500000/-
- The policy covers various travel emergencies faced whilst abroad.
- Premium can be paid in Indian Rupees (except in case of Employment)
- Claim assistance available from an international service provider
- Claims are payable in foreign currency to Doctors / Hospitals abroad, directly by the service provider in most cases. In case, cashless service is not available insured can claim reimbursement
- All pre-existing disease/illnesses are not covered (known and unknown).
- Traveling against Medical advice or for Medical treatment including routine check-up.
- Claims arising out of participation in Military, Naval or Airforce operations
- Claims arising out of -Suicide/ intentional self injury/ mental disorder/ alcoholism/ drug abuse/HIV related illness including AIDS
- Claims arising out of participation in winter sports/ mountaineering/ adventure sports etc